late 1970s vintage midnight blue abstract floral print cocktail dress [Lynda Pizzuto for Phoebe]
gold oversized round sunglasses with smoky amber lens
peacock feather earrings
silver ankh pendant necklace
black vegan leather belt with gold circular buckle
late 1960s vintage tapestry handbag with lucite handles
deep brown vegan leather sandals with wood base [Envy footwear]
Ace + Jig: Fall, 2017 [Ready-to-Wear]
Something at the water cooler in the Brooklyn office of Ace + Jig is working so right. Their looks for Fall, 2018 are that heady mix of vintage folksy perfection in such a now and happening way. Scrambled prints with layers, tied up in a crisp sash, designs that recall the push in the very early 1970s to strip it down and take it back to nature are at play. I am staring into the closet of schoolteachers I had 1974 forward. Also envisioning that super cool bohemian art witch in my So-Cal childhood enclave, tooling about in her VW station wagon with Trader Joes bags riding sideways in the hatch.
You may not have thought it out as such but I see what you are doing and I love it.
Ace + Jig.
- 1970s vintage pastel rainbow striped caftan
- 1970s vintage black deep v-neck cocktail dress with metallic stripes
- 1970s vintage rust colored disco dress with deep v-neck and back
- 1970s vintage black cocktail dress with flutter sleeves and rhinestone accent
All of this (and more) can be found on the Etsy shop.
And as always, thanks for looking.
- Metallic 1970s vintage sleeveless tunic
- Navy 1970s vintage Ethnic tunic/dress
- Navy 1970s vintage prairie maxi-dress
Items currently featured in the shop via Etsy.
Check it out.